This FAQ is modified from our friends at MCC of Greater St. Louis.
1) When will we be able to gather again for in-person worship? In my March 15th message, I mentioned that I hoped to be back in our building on Palm Sunday. We have been given several dates of when the “stay in place” order will expire. The latest date has been given by President Trump of April 30. We are planning on having our worship online through Sunday, April 26. If that date is extended, I will share that information via our online worship service.
2) How are we doing financially? The board and staff have been monitoring our finances closely. Since moving to online-only services, our weekly income has dropped over 50%. We want to send a special word of thanks to everyone who has been able to give online or by mailing a check. We are working to ensure that our ministry continues without interruption during this critical time. If you can set up an automatic, recurring gift, it would be a tremendous help. You can do so by clicking here.
3) Will we have Easter Service? Yes! We are planning to have a LIVE worship service via Zoom teleconferencing on Sunday, April 12 at 11:30 am. Check the newsletter the week of April 6 for the link and instructions and we will post the link on our website. You will have the opportunity to connect with other MCC’ers during this online service.
4) I ordered an Easter Lily. What will happen to it? The Lily plants will arrive at the church on Thursday, April 9. You have three options:
a) You can stop by the church on Thursday, April 9 or Friday, April 10 from 4pm – 6:30pm to pick up your plant(s).
b) You can have your plant(s) delivered to your home and it will be left on your doorstep on Saturday, April 11. We will call before we come so you know to expect the delivery.
c) You can donate the plant(s) to someone else. If you have a name and number, we could deliver it to them or we will select the person who will be the recipient.
Please call or email the church by April 9 to let us know your preference. Plants remaining by Saturday, April 11 will be donated.
5) What about meetings that were scheduled for the month of April? Most meetings and gatherings will be taking place virtually. We are in the process of streamlining these online meetings in order to make it simpler for all participants. Please check the weekly newsletter for the video platform or conference call number used for your meeting. If you have a question or concern about your meeting or how to connect, please contact us at email@example.com.
6) Do we know how our congregants are doing? Our Deacons have done a wonderful job reaching out to our active member and friends list by calling, emailing or through Facebook messenger. We are connecting with those who have a need that we can fill. On Easter Sunday, we will be announcing new online events to help keep us connected during this time of social distancing. For example, look for the new “Women’s Night IN” group to begin soon!
7) What can I do to help at this time? First and foremost, continue to pray daily for one another, our church, community, and world. Prayer is a powerful way to share our hope, concern, and care for one another and our world. Second, take advantage of our virtual gatherings! They provide us with the opportunity to connect with one another and receive encouragement during these trying times. Visit our website and Facebook page for information that will help you stay connected on what is happening with MCC Detroit. Third, reach out and connect with one another. We all need to be reminded that we are not alone, and someone cares about us – we ARE our sister’s and our brother’s keeper! Lastly, if you able, please continue to support the church financially, which you can do by mailing your checks or donating online. We can and will get through this together.
Note: This FAQ is a work in progress, and we will continue to update it as more information becomes available.
I have compiled information from various email resources I have received to pass on to those who may not be receiving information from an employer or other reliable sources. I hope these links will prove to be helpful as we contend with the challenges of COVID-19. As in previous emails, please contact us at the church if you have a need that we can fill – firstname.lastname@example.org - 248-399-7741 – mccdetroit.org.
May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:22
Information on the importance of these measures:
Please remember to use these best practices:
The following resources are available for ongoing updates and critical support during this period:
Here are some tips to keep in mind as you will be using your computer more.
From Aaron Young – IT Specialist – Endsight Technology – Berkeley, CA