1) When will we be able to gather again for in-person worship? We are scheduled to return to in-person worship on Sunday, May 2nd, 2021 at 11:30 am. This plan is based upon current procedures from the State and CDC. In order to return, all members and friends are asked to view the above recording as we review the safety procedures necessary to keep everyone safe.
2) How are we doing financially? The board and staff have been monitoring our finances closely. Since moving to online-only services, our weekly income has dropped over 50%. We want to send a special word of thanks to everyone who has been able to give online or by mailing a check. We are working to ensure that our ministry continues without interruption during this critical time. If you can set up an automatic, recurring gift, it would be a tremendous help. You can do so by clicking here.
3) Will we have Easter Service? Yes! We are planning to have a LIVE worship service via Zoom teleconferencing on Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 11:00 am. Check the newsletter the week of April 6 for the link and instructions and we will post the link on our website. You will have the opportunity to connect with other MCC’ers during this online service.
4) I ordered an Easter Lily. What will happen to it? Since our Easter service is online again this year, we will not have an Easter Lily sale available.
5) What about meetings that were scheduled for the month of April? Most meetings and gatherings will be taking place virtually. We are in the process of streamlining these online meetings in order to make it simpler for all participants. Please check the weekly newsletter for the video platform or conference call number used for your meeting. If you have a question or concern about your meeting or how to connect, please contact us at email@example.com.
6) Do we know how our congregants are doing? Our Deacons have done a wonderful job reaching out to our active member and friends list by calling, emailing or through Facebook messenger. We are connecting with those who have a need that we can fill. On Easter Sunday, we will be announcing new online events to help keep us connected during this time of social distancing. For example, look for the new “Women’s Night IN” group to begin soon!
7) What can I do to help at this time? First and foremost, continue to pray daily for one another, our church, community, and world. Prayer is a powerful way to share our hope, concern, and care for one another and our world. Second, take advantage of our virtual gatherings! They provide us with the opportunity to connect with one another and receive encouragement during these trying times. Visit our website and Facebook page for information that will help you stay connected on what is happening with MCC Detroit. Third, reach out and connect with one another. We all need to be reminded that we are not alone, and someone cares about us – we ARE our sister’s and our brother’s keeper! Lastly, if you able, please continue to support the church financially, which you can do by mailing your checks or donating online. We can and will get through this together.
Note: This FAQ is a work in progress, and we will continue to update it as more information becomes available.